Completely and totally honest mistake.
It was the angels singing part. Honest mistake.
And you weren’t the only one who thought it. I just added the bit about the angels because I was about two hours from losing my fucking mind.
Obviously, I love my mother to bits. But six straight solid days of any one person is bound to make me insane. I made it four days fine, but apparently I run completely out of bullshit after four days and I had nothing left to say, which is when things get awkward.
How does one, as an adult, say to their parents, “look, I appreciate the concern but we’re not talking about this?” Because really. There are a fair amount of things my mother doesn’t need to know.
Obviously, I’m an introvert, and I need some occasional time and space to just do me and being trapped in a wee condo with my mother who doesn’t deal well with silence has dragged me to my very last nerve.
But she’s safely on a plane. I went to my favorite bar to pick up dinner to go, met some nice people from Pennsylvania, sexually objectified the bartender, and now I’m back at the oceanfront condo with whiskey and a week’s worth of TV and Tumblr to catch up on.
Normal is on the horizon.
14 Notes/ Hide
- palmtreepalmtree said: Dude. I like this post a lot. I relate.
- palmtreepalmtree likes this
- herblondness likes this
- jheath said: Well I, for one, am just glad she’s okay.
- eepromgirl said: Your mom and my mom should get together and talk about FEELINGS and PLANS for like 20 straight hours while you and I drink, objectify bartenders, and binge on nerdy TV. Maybe we need to make a club that does this.
- eepromgirl likes this
- irishmexi said: Why would you stop and get dinner first and angels be singing if she died? I don’t think you hate your mom that much. Also left is not a euphemism for dead. I’m a cranky elf.
- irishmexi likes this
- a-golden-bird likes this
- murmurandshout likes this
- aclikeslater likes this
- blissandzen likes this
- imnotthatkindofgirl likes this
- runeybadger likes this
- sotheresthat posted this