I had a young man approach me on the street tonight and ask if he could have the leftovers I was carrying.
I was waiting to cross the road. The conversation went something like this:
Him: Hey, can I have that?
Me: What? No.
Him: Your food, your extra food, can I have it?
Me: No dude, this is mine.
Him: You’re not going to give your food to a kid on the street? (ed. note: “kid” = 24)
Me: No. No I’m not.
Luckily the light turned then and I started walking across the road with another woman who had been standing there.
Her: Are you serious? He thought you were going to give him your food?
Me: Right?! What the hell?
19 Notes/ Hide
- stickyheel5 likes this
- ephemeraetcetera likes this
- caitofthenorthwest likes this
- aclikeslater likes this
- herblondness likes this
- joannafreed likes this
- awanderingspirit likes this
- whatswithtodaytoday likes this
- womaninterrupted likes this
- buildingaladder likes this
- runeybadger likes this
- palmtreepalmtree likes this
- adventuresintralalala likes this
- adventuresintralalala said: Someone came up to us in Chicago once and ripped the box right out of my husband’s hand.
- almost-never said: one time I gave a homeless guy a full beer I smuggled out of a bar. It felt good.
- a-golden-bird likes this
- ibroughtyousometoast likes this
- sotheresthat posted this